Position: Paralegal/Legal Administrative Professional
Location: Kernersville, NC
Salary: Dependent upon experience
Benefits: 401k match, paid vacation, BCBSNC “Gold Plan” health insurance with dental and vision options, training/CLE expenses and obtaining certifications.
Established, family oriented Kernersville general practice firm firm seeks full-time paralegal or legal administrative professional. Candidate must have a positive, friendly, and professional attitude, enjoy working in a team environment, and interacting with clients. Candidate must be a motivated, detail-oriented, self-starter who possesses excellent communication skills and demonstrates writing and computer proficiency. Candidate must have the ability to work in a fast-paced environment, multi-task, demonstrate a willingness to learn and take initiative on a variety of tasks and projects. Candidate must be trustworthy with high ethical standards. Notary Public and prior family law experience preferred but not required – we are willing to train the right person and are looking for a long-term hire. Primary areas will be family law and estate planning, along with assisting with handling inbound telephone calls and screening new clients.
• Providing administrative support to 3 attorneys, including answering phones and greeting clients/guests.
• Setting up initial consultations for potential clients and performing conflict checks
• Assisting attorneys with drafting correspondence, pleadings, subpoenas, and other documents
• Assisting attorneys with pre-trial and trial tasks, including preparing trial notebooks and exhibits
• Scheduling client meetings, depositions, mediations, hearings, and the like
• Coordinating signatures on various legal documents
• Maintaining client files and monitoring status of cases
• Communicating with court personnel, filing and serving court documents
How to apply:
Qualified candidates can apply in confidence by sending resume, cover letter, and three professional references to CAREERS@APPLEPAYNELAW.COM. Optionally, you may include your salary requirements if you wish but that information is not required at the time of the initial application. No phone calls, please. Screening of qualified candidates will begin on receipt of applications, and will continue until position is filled. Those candidates selected for further consideration will be contacted promptly. Candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible, as need to fill position is immediate.
Apple Payne Law, PLLC provides competitive pay, matching 401k, paid vacation, and flexible scheduling. BCBSNC “Gold Plan” health insurance offered with firm paying 1/2 of premium, and dental/vision options.