Got Caught Driving too Fast?
If you’ve been pulled over for a speeding offense, it might seem like a minor hassle you can worry about later. However, traffic offenses are no laughing matter. If you’ve exceeded the posted speed limit and get pulled over, it’s best to consult with a traffic ticket lawyer sooner rather than later. Our team has experienced traffic ticket attorney’s who can provide the appropriate local legal counsel you’ve been searching for. If you need a Forsyth, Guilford, or Alamance Country traffic lawyer, contact our team and see if we can provide the assistance you’ve been looking for.
There are a variety of outcomes that can result in a speeding offense. You could face points on your license, high court fines, increased insurance, or possibly have your license revoked. In order to avoid some of these unhappy scenarios, it’s important to take the proper precautions. When it comes to traffic court in North Carolina, speeding is a highly common offense that occurs for two reasons:
Exceeding the Speed Limit
- You have surpassed the regularly posted speed limit, on or off the highway, and will likely pay the fine associated with excessive speeding
- You were speeding in a zoned area, such as a pedestrian crossing, school zone, or work zone
- Competition speeding against another vehicle
- Reckless driving
- For all the listed offenses, fines and charges vary based on the severity of the action. Infractions or misdemeanors will have fewer fines, whereas reckless driving is a serious offense.
*It’s important not to just “plead guilty” – oftentimes an attorney can get the “speed” reduced on the ticket, reducing the impact on your driving record and insurance. Pleading guilty to speeding more than 15 MPH over the limit and if the limit is over 55 MPH, you can automatically have your license suspended!*
Not Adjusting Speed to Outside Circumstances
- If you are driving too fast in unsafe conditions, such as rain or snow, you can be charged for speeding or moving violations.
Local Traffic Attorney Services
If you need a traffic attorney in Kernersville, Winston Salem, or other cities within the Piedmont Triad, our team offers a variety of services for speeding offenses. We’ve dealt with a variety of traffic violations, including:
- Driving Above or Below Posted Speed Limit
- Reckless Driving Offenses
- Distracted driving
- Running a red light or stop sign
For all of these offenses, we can provide you with the proper counsel, and arrive in court on your behalf for a select number of appearances. Simply submit the proper paperwork, documentation, and a copy of your driver’s license so we can get started.