What are the Components of an Estate Plan?
A proper estate plan covers four primary documents, each with its own unique purpose and role.
Our estate planning services often include:
- Will — To distribute your property how YOU want after you pass (otherwise, the state’s “default” rules apply to YOUR estate)
- Trust – Protects your assets from probate and creditors to preserve them for your heirs (otherwise, the probate court will distribute them as part of your estate)
- Power of attorney — Allows a person(s) you choose to handle your affairs if you cannot do so yourself (i.e., healthcare decisions, property, bills, taxes, etc.) due to severe illness or incapacity
- Living will — (or advance healthcare directive) Specifies your wishes regarding terminal care (i.e., feed tubes, do not resuscitate orders, etc.).
Why Do I Need a Family Law Attorney?
Your family means everything to you, but some situations and seasons in life put a considerable strain on your loved ones’ lives.
The good news is that you can have an experienced legal team on your side, no matter what family law situation you’re dealing with:
- Complicated marital agreements (We do simple ones, too!)
- Costly divorces
- Messy child custody cases
- Drawn-out adoption processes
Our family law attorneys will represent your interests, advocate for your rights, advise you on family law matters, and ensure the best possible outcome for your case, whether it relates to divorce proceedings, child custody battles, creating a prenuptial agreement, or other family law matters.
What is a Business Law Attorney?
Whether you’re starting a small business, buying an existing company, or already own and operate a family business, legal processes are involved every step of the way. Having the knowledge of a business law attorney on your side will protect you from loss and legal headaches down the road.
The business law attorneys at Apple Payne Law can help you with business advising, setup, review, and contracts to ensure your business works successfully for your family’s future.
How Can a Traffic Law Attorney Help?
If you’ve ever been pulled over or received a citation for a traffic offense, you know it can be quite a headache. Not only are you on the hook for hefty fines, but you may also be facing higher insurance rates and even a suspended driver’s license, depending on your driving record.
But going to court for a traffic ticket? No, thank you!
You need a traffic law attorney to take the burden off you and mitigate the consequences of your traffic violation. Apple Payne Law’s traffic lawyers can represent you in court, fight for a reduced infraction, and even get your charge dismissed in many cases. In most cases, they will be able to appear for you, saving you the time and expense of taking off work, driving to the courthouse, waiting and all the stress that comes with going to court.